Questions and Answers

If you have any questions or concerns that relate to speech language pathology in any way, at any level....just ask.
I will answer them to the best of my ability on my blog.
Contact me at tsmotherof3@verizon.net.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Extended Time

I have to admit I am not a fan of extended day or extended year at the middle school level or at any level for that matter. What I would like to see is the hypothetical money used to enhance and create after school programs, provide enrichment for kids who need it and provide training/support for parents who have significant difficulty with their kids.

As a parent, I loved spending time with my kids even when they were hormonal pre-teenagers. I always felt that I needed to get to know them at this stage of their life if we were to ever have a good relationship as adults, don't know why just a feeling. I loved supporting their after school/evening activities and still tried to volunteer at school when I could. In one fell swoop, the government could take that away by decreasing the time you spend with your child.

This is one time when I am very glad my children are in a "traditional private school" without new "initiative" presented every year. What do you think?

1 comment:

CJD said...

I couldn't agree more!!!!